Ok, I won't keep you on tenterhooks...Having spent all day Thursday fretting about whether the other people who were viewing the house were better than me and getting pissed off at Dave going on and on about how wonderful the house party with his future flatmates was, I received a phone call. I HAVE SOMEWHERE TO LIVE!! F-ing yes mate! Words cannot actually describe how happy I was! And still am, in fact. I could move in the very next day.
This afternoon (let's pretend it's Thursday), Dave and I went into a part of the city centre to meet a guy he kind of knew from when he was in Sweden and we bought some beers and went and sat down at the Alster (at the time I thought it was the harbour, but I was later informed that the Alster is a lake. In all fairness, there were boats! And I hadn't been to Hamburg since my daytrip in 2008). They reminisced a lot about Sweden, I got bored. Then we invited a girl to come join us. She joined us and then after sitting chatting for a while then went to Jim Block (amazing burger joint) for dinner. Will def be going there again! Then we went back to the hostel and Dave went back to his new place to drop his stuff as he had decided to join his friend on a weekend trip to Amsterdam (he had been debating whether or not to go for some days). I claimed my stuff from Dave's room (I slept in a different room every night and didn't want to take it all downstairs to bring it back up again so left it with his stuff) then went to bed, as I was on wake-up-call duty. 6.20. And I had also arranged with Frank (wonderful man) that I would pick up my stuff from his at 11am.
That's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment